303 Roller Derby is always looking for new members! No experience necessary. We are looking for:
- Adult skaters – Women age 18+
- Youth skaters – Kids age 7-17
- Referees and non-skating officials – Adults age 18+
303 welcomes skaters of all skill levels, from novice to advanced. We require that our members pay monthly dues, attend a minimum number of practices per month, perform operational tasks for the team, and demonstrate a safe level of skating skill before they are allowed to play in games and fully participate in league matters.
Skater Costs and Equipment
- WFTDA insurance: $80
- 303 Annual Fee: $25
- 303 Monthly Dues: $40
- Safety and skating equipment (helmet, mouthguard, elbow pads, wrist guards, knee pads, quad skates): $300+
Beginner gear packages can be purchased online from local retailers such as Skate Ratz.
What to Bring on Your First Day
It can be nerve-wracking to walk into a derby practice with no experience–especially if you haven’t been on roller skates since 5th grade! Put your mind at ease. 303 welcomes all skaters, from raw newbies to veterans transferring from other leagues. A trainer will be on hand to help you with basic skating skills if needed. Please bring these items with you on your first day:
- Gear – Bring your own if you have it. If not, let us know and we will lend you gear for your first practice. The one thing we cannot provide you with is a borrowed mouthguard (gross!). Mouthguards can be purchased cheap at sporting goods stores or Wal-Mart.
- Drop-in fee – If you are not sure yet if you want to join 303, please bring a $5 drop-in fee.
- Water bottle – You will get thirsty!
- Workout clothes – Be prepared to sweat! A t-shirt, tight workout pants/shorts, and good socks will do just fine.
Simply bring these items to a 303 practice. Ask the first person wearing skates you see to help you check in. That’s it! You are welcome at 303!